- We are excited to welcome Elizabeth Daniele to the lab as our new lab manager.
- We are seeking to hire a Laboratory Researcher, a 50% appointment. Click on the following link to apply for this position: https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?jobnum_in=90149
- We are currently looking for a fellow holding a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD degree, with a strong interest and/or prior training in atherosclerosis, lipoprotein metabolism, adipose biology, glycobiology, diabetes or obesity.
- The GRTC is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant at our Glycobiology Research and Training Center.
- Bastian Ramms will be presenting his work at the Gordon Research Seminar and Gordon Research Conference on Atherosclerosis in Waterville Valley, NH.
- Ariane Pessentheiner was successfully awarded a 3-year Erwin-Schrödinger-Outgoing fellowship from the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Congrats Ariane!
- Bastian Ramms was selected to present his exciting results at the 2017 Atherosclerosis Gordon Research Seminar in June.
- Norah Al-Azzam and Vineet Tummula successfully presented their work at the 30th Annual UC San Diego Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Dr. Gordts will present his work at The Deuel Conference on Lipids in Monterey, CA.
- In collaboration with Prof. Sortorius Tsimikas we published a study highlighting the strong correlation between plasma Lipoprotein (a) land apolipoprotein E isoforms in ATVB.
- Bastian Ramms was successfully awarded a 2-year predoctoral fellowship from the American Heart Association. Congrats Bastian!
- Norah Al-Azzam has been successfully admitted to the McNair Program to fund her research in the lab. Congrats Norah!
- We welcome Norah Al-Azzam as a new lab member. She will be working on adipocyte metabolism. Welcome Norah!
- We thank Tiffany Lee for her perseverance, attitude and work rigor. May you have a bright future and have a great time in Med school!
- We published our work on ApoC-III in the Journal of Clinical investigation thanks to a great team effort!
- We thank Caroline Labib for all her hard work in the lab. All the best in the future!
- Dr. Gordts will present his work at Lipoprotein Metabolism GRC which will be held in Waterville, NH, from June 12th to June 17th, 2016.
- Royce Chen joined the lab as a volunteer undergraduate student from Columbia University. Welcome Royce!
- Dr. Gordts will present his work at 84th EAS Congress which will be held in Innsbruck, Austria, from May 29th to June 1st, 2016.
- Our undergraduate student Caroline Labib presented elegantly her work in the lab at the UCSD Undergraduate Research Conference on April 23, 2016. Congrats Caroline!
- Dr. Gordts received the Junior Investigator Award from the Journal of Lipid Research at the 2016 Deuel Conference on Lipids
- Chloe Autran will present her work at the International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation
- Dr. Gordts will present his work at The Deuel Conference on Lipids.
- Dr. Gordts will present his work at the AHA Scientific Sessions.
- This month we welcome Lucia Krott, a visiting graduate student from UKE Hamburg, Germany.
- We welcome Caroline Labib, an undergraduate student, to join the Gordts lab.
- Dr. Gordts welcomes his first graduate student. Welcome Bastian Ramms!